>> Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Any beauty editor’s concern whenever going abroad is staying healthy-skinned. “Is it too humid to where I’m going, or dry?” “Is the water similar to what we have at home?” “Is it too cold?” were just some of the thoughts I had as I packed my skin essentials to my small toiletry bag. I was off to 10 cities in Europe and all I know was that I had to choose the skincare that could stand both dry and oily seasons my face could get into.
Sometime before leaving, I met a gel-based regimen from the dermatologist to the stars: Belo Essentials Acne Pro:
If there was anything I learned about my skin over the last year was that my skin revolted against anything too creamy. This three piece set was perfect: Everything in it was non-cream based!
Belo Essentials Acne Pro Facial Gel Wash, PHP 99.75
This facial wash features bee venom, as its main acne zapper, as the two other products in this line do. I didn’t have acne when I left Manila and I intended it to stay that way.
- The consistency is kinda like viscous gel, but I have to tell you that I used this in 9 C weather all around Germany and Amsterdam and Belgium. Despite the thickness, it slid down my hands sometimes but nevertheless bubbled well on my face when used.
- There’s a slight fragrance to it, which I like. No-fragrance products freak me out.
- Skin feels soft and clean, but not dry --- even in dry and cold weather. I had brought with me a plan b facial wash but I didn’t have to use it after all.
- Easy to rinse off
- No sting --- but I like a little bit of sting so as much as I wanted to like this toner, I couldn’t. Still, it didn’t do anything bad to my face so that’s fine.
- If you’re the mild toner type, this would be perfect for you.
- There’s a hint of fragrance, which is great. No hint of alcohol and no medicine-like fragrance.