I have gotten polished!

>> Sunday, April 5, 2009

I share the same opinion, or hobby, if you may, with Elle of the movie Legally Blonde.

Whenever I'm sad, or anxious or plain bored, I opt for a session with my favorite salon and have my nails done. This day was a perfect time to do just THAT.

Each and every time of my visits to the salon is a little shindig in my mind. Seeing a rack of nail polish bottles sends me to an almost "nirvana" state, kind of like when I'm inside my favorite clothing store .. You get my drift.

Not wanting to drive very far, I went to Get Polished in Aguirre St., BF Paranaque.

Located beside the Lay Bare Salon, i-Lash Salon and Taverns of Asia, this salon is not really very hard to find.

The place is as serene and comfy as you want it to be. Plush yellow chairs await you and you can prop your feet on matching yellow cushions as well. Their selection of magazines are wide in variety and the staff are waaaaay courteous. Another pro of this salon is that their music leans toward the relaxing-but-not-boring. During my session, bossa nova picks were being played.

I was greeted by a group of courteous nail techs and was courteously asked my choice of service and choice of polish. I opted for the edit: Get Polished Moisture Spa (as corrected by GP people, thanks so much =D)  as I had only an hour to spare. My visit prior to this one, I had the Get Polished Spa Pedicure, the works, I tell you. Although I think I was there for 3 hours.

I've always loved their selection of nail polishes. Not only they carry only the loveliest of colors (no tacky colors at all), the brands are ensured to be of high quality. Among the ones that I know they have are: OPI, Essie and China Glaze. Not only they are long-lasting, they don't have the particular smell of the common nail varnish.

I chose OPI in California Raspberry as my polish.

Image Source

What I liked about the salon:

• Courteous staff
  • Complimentary hot tea
  • Choice of scents for the spa [last time I chose Lemongrass]
  • Very nice ambiance, lighting is perfect. Not too dark that I can't read, not too bright that I have to squint.
  • Reasonably priced. The Classic Pedicure goes for Ps. 200 and the GP Spa is priced at Ps. 470.
  • They have nail dryers -- a big plus to women who need to rush off after.
  • While my cuticles were being pushed, I never felt any pain [although it was completely fine] and everything was clean and neatly done.
  • Very OC with putting nail polish.

What I didn't like about it:

• NONE!

Will I come back?

Hell yeah, in I guess 2 weeks or less. I already have their Loyalty Card and am very excited about the free services. :)

Here's a list of their services and the prices, lifted from Get Polished's site.

GP is located at the following locations:

195 Aguirre Avenue, BF Paranaque, Paranaque City ( 8253763)
38 Sct. Ybardolaza St., cor. Sct. Rallos, Sacred Heart, QC (4092235)
8 Mezzanine, A.C. Building, Sct. Ybardolaza cor. Sct. Rallos., Quezon City

Askmewhats April 5, 2009 at 10:56 PM

awww I'm sure it looks great on you! any photos? :D

teeyah. April 5, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Heehee, I did try taking photos but my feet look fat today, for some reason :) I'll try again, tomorrow. Wee!

kavukz April 6, 2009 at 9:18 AM

hehe..seconded Nikki..teeyah, post the pics! and i heard lots of good reviews bout OPI..too bad, in my hometown, there is none..have to order online..:P

advs:Nikki, i read ur blog too! tru Connie (SkinDeco)..

makeupdweeb April 6, 2009 at 11:18 AM

oh wow! the interior looks fab. I go to lay bare in ybardolaza for my wax. I'll check out Get Polished next time. My sister highly recommends Nail Tropics in Serendra but they always have a looong waiting line. So its usually by appointment. :)

teeyah. April 6, 2009 at 12:55 PM

@kavukz: Really? That's too bad :( I'll post the pics when I get the courage to show my fat feet. HAHA :D

@makeupdweeb: I highly recommend Get Polished :) Fore sure you won't be disappointed :)

miemiemie April 6, 2009 at 3:35 PM

ooh thanks for dropping by dear, for the comment as well :)

kavukz April 6, 2009 at 3:40 PM

teeyah,
U can call me chris..If *crossing my finger* i have the opportunity to visit MNL, pls bring me to get polished as well?hehe..

teeyah. April 6, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Sorry Chris :) Dang wasn't able to mention that was your nickname :) Of course! Dang and I have already been thinking of the places we'll bring you to when you visit. I heard you like partying also? :)

@miemiemie: You're welcome :)

URY April 6, 2009 at 5:11 PM

I wish they have branches near mandaluyong =D hehe. Their couch looks comfy

teeyah. April 6, 2009 at 5:28 PM

@ Kim: Yep yep it was :)

Gracie April 6, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Wow! I wish we have this where I live!

teeyah. April 6, 2009 at 6:40 PM

@ Gracie: I WISH I was there where you live! I can wear coats and boots forever. Haha.