A Looooong Weekend

>> Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I've been MIA from the blogging [and Facebooking, Mutiply-ing] world for 5 days because me and the gang trooped over to the northest part of Luzon for a little R and R, lots of driving and sleeping in the road and a whole lot of fun. Yep -- me and my officemates trooped over to the provinces of La Union, Dagupan, Pangasinan and Ilocos [Norte and Sur] whew!

Hella fun but I've no photos to show you yet, as I'm not yet done compiling all the photos from the trip. When you're traveling with 3 photographers, it's futile to take your own photos, haha!

A few of my trip's highlights:

• The windmills! *giggles* They just have that relaxing effect.
  • Matutina's in Dagupan = The best garlic buttered shrimp EVER. As in EVER, EVER.
  • Cafe Leona in Vigan + Old school architecture + Bagnet + Cheese Chichacorn = A Happy Me
  • Saud Beach Resort in Pagudpud = Absolute heaven
  • The Taiwanese music our radio is picking up upon reaching Pagudpud. Cool, right?
  • Attempting to surf in La Union and being carried back to the shore with no effort
  • Poker nights + Winning in Poker + learning how to play Pusoy Dos and Pusoy [card games a little similar to Poker]
  • Guzzling Ginebra Premium [thank you, SMC] mixed with Minute Maid
  • Endless supply of Marlboro Lights

If I'm gonna be asked if I wanna go back? There's only one answer: OH YEAH.

*photos, reviews and travel notes to follow.
Mwah!

aquaracer May 5, 2009 at 5:07 AM

haha, i love playing poker and pusoy dos!

sounds like you had loads of fun!! so jealous, i wanna go and see ilocos, too.

pagudpod's really nice.

can't wait to see some pics ;-)

Askmewhats May 5, 2009 at 8:55 AM

wow! I envy you!!! I'd love to go up there too! for R&R I really needed it!

sab May 5, 2009 at 11:38 AM

endless supply of cigs! nice! :)

*KiM* May 5, 2009 at 12:36 PM

wow buttered garlic shrimp!!! my fave!!! Glad you had an awesome weekend...share the pics asap =D

*KiM* May 5, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Hi teeyah! just like to let ya know I changed my blog url hehe http://makeupbykimrodz.blogspot.com

teeyah. May 5, 2009 at 9:39 PM

@aquaracer: I never expected I'd love card games but I did! :) And I didn't go bankrupt so Imma keep playing!

You should come to Pagudpod if you're visiting PI. Definitely worth the looong drive!

@ Nikki: Oh, you've been a hardworking blogger and at work! You definitely need some R & R :)

@Sab: Yep, yep. Do you smoke ML, too?

@Kim: Matutina's is a must try in the North! Glad you had some beach time in Gale, too :)