Have I Got a Long Way to Run?

>> Thursday, October 22, 2009

Not really. Just 5K.

If you knew me in person, you'd get from first glance that I don't run. In fact, I hardly do much workouts, and I don't have any gym membership anywhere. The last time I ran was last year, at a Men's Health Miracle Run, and before that was a month-long class in Muay Thai Kickboxing back in '06. All the other days, sports were the last thing on my mind.

J, Me, Tubbs and C at The Fort. If you were wondering, I didn't finish the 10K.
Shortly after we passed by a station, a guard said over the radio
"The tail of the run just passed by." [in Filipino] and that well, inspired us
more to just walk. Ha!

However,  when things I least like pave a way for me to learn [or at least learn to like] things, especially for a cause, I let go of inhibitions and my pride and my vanities of being afraid to look stupid. Thus I am joining the Philippine International Marathon: Run for Pasig River, happening on November 8, 2009.

Especially since the company I work for has committed to helping out ABS-CBN Foundation in rehabilitating Pasig River, it is only imperative that we help out, in whatever way we can. Besides, I can fake attempting to be healthy, too!

Are you fond of running? If yes, will you be joining this run?
I'm not but I'm fond of helping out a cause!

Happy Thursday, everyone!

The NeuroChiq October 22, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Chito, being a former ABS reporter, is inviting us to join this. If you're coming, then I might consider =D

Kay October 22, 2009 at 9:49 AM

i've always wanted to join those events..

unfortch, I know I can't the heat and probly just faint.. hehe..

I say, go for it girls!

♥ mia October 22, 2009 at 11:07 AM

i'm not an athletic person, but recently i've gotten into running. it all started as "tripping" then i enjoyed it :D

will run at adidas king of d road this sunday

will ask my friends if they want to join this one too.. there are a lot of runs lined up til d end of d year, but we only join once a month haha gotta have some time to rest

teeyah. October 22, 2009 at 12:51 PM

@Dang: Yes I'm going! :) If you're free, then you can come with me and my colleagues [they're fun, I swear!]

@Kay: Aww. Me, too. I hate the heat and I'll probably be seeking shade every now and then haha!

@Mia: Oh wow. Good luck on Sunday, Mia! :) I can only run every once in a while as I'm lazy most of the time, hehe :D

The NeuroChiq October 22, 2009 at 1:33 PM

I'll check my colleagues who are into running if they're also joining. Hiya naman ako to go with your colleagues =P

teeyah. October 22, 2009 at 2:18 PM

@Dang: Loka! :D I really think it will be a fun run. And madaming tao, ABS CBN Foundations said they're aiming for 20,000 participants :D

Lei October 22, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Oh wow! The most I can do is two laps around high street! I'm still working on it. :P

Go go marathon!

LOLanne October 23, 2009 at 11:00 AM

i hateee running. i usually take a back seat at events like these and just donate/sponsor whoever's participating haha

it's such a good cause though soooo i'm definitely rooting for you :)

teeyah. October 23, 2009 at 11:59 AM

@Lei: I can't even run decently, haha! I'm just faking being athletic and healthy, just for a cause :D Thanks for the rah rah :)

@LOLanne: Wow, thank you :) I usually take the backseat, too and just donate but since our company is participating, there are lots of us so I'm sure it'll be fun :)