I *heart* you, Tony and Jackey.

>> Thursday, November 4, 2010

If you cannot remember when your last haircut was, it's high time you get another one. Or alternately titled, In Which I Seal the Deal with Me and Being a Koreana.

Why I have been putting off getting a haircut is something that baffles me. It used to be that getting a trim every one and a half months was regular, even automatic to me. Getting perms and color every now and then has sort of ruined the cycle. I can only remember of getting a procedure done when I'm too averse with what I'm seeing. Like I am now.

A colleague approached me one time and asked me, "Are you okay? Hindi ako sanay na flat ang hair mo." Admittedly, I've been holding out on getting a haircut because I felt like I've been getting the same hairstyle for the past two years. I didn't want anything too radical, because short hair never went well with me. I just wanted some spice is all. Plus, the idea of going to a Korean hairstylist, in my mind, is like going to Edward Scissorhands --- you never know what to expect.

Hello, boring BEFORE hair.

FOTD:
Face: Purederm BB Cream
shu uemura translucent loose powder
Revlon Matte Blush
Revlon Brow Fantasy

Eyes: The Body Shop Kajal Liner {Black}
Guerlain Smokey Palette
Maybelline Cat Eye Mascara
Revlon Liquid Eye Pen

Revlon Lipstick in Ice something

I asked over at Facebook, and among people whose hairstyles I liked and I specified for it to be a Korean salon. I've received numerous suggestions but there was only one that stood out: Tony and Jackey.

I visited the one nearest to where I live and that's the Tomas Morato branch, located at CMMT Building, corner of Morato and Timog:

Bright, spacious and clean <3
I think I waited for less than 5 minutes {didn't even have an appointment, bad!}

Then I was called to have my hair shampooed.

All Shampooed Out.

I was asked which treatment {for my drier than Super Dry hair} I wanted and I
chose the Natubea Conc. Keratin Treatment, Php 1,000 with haircut {there's a promo,
I'm a lucky girl}.

I didn't realize my hair was this long and my face is round like a siopao.

Under the hair thingum.

And the best part of the Tony and Jackey experience of course, was my hair cut!
{who'd have thought I'd be this ecstatic over a haircut, yeah?}

When I got out of Tony and Jackey, someone, and this is so weird,
started speaking to me in Korean. Musta naman.

The Good:
  • I've tried Tony and Jackey on the basis of friends' recommendations. They must be really good.
  • My Korean hairstylist {a guy} spoke good English and asked specifically what I wanted to happen. Of course, I couldn't say, "Surprise me," so I asked for a trim and bangs. He even got out a Korean stylebook and we flipped through hairstyles which I'd like and would suit my round face.
  • He wasn't the least bit rude, as opposed to friends who have encountered not-so-happy Korean hairstylists, but were so good at doing their thing with the hair.
  • I kinda liked his hair though, it made me mentally count how many layers was in it and I think I stopped counting at 20.
  • He smelled good, too. That matters since our stylists hover really close to us when doing our hair. I like it how they put effort in good grooming {well, as expected but still}. All the Filipino staff were courteous and fun, too.
  • My stylist seemed to know his bangs. He cut my bangs in like five seconds. Galing.
  • Standard hair cut is Php 500. Not bad for a really good, well-raved salon.Their shampoo smells sooooo gooodddd, too.
  • No hard selling, too. I chose the less expensive treatment {Keratin} vs. DCS2 and no one sneered at me.
  • Which reminds me, the Keratin treatment {Php 500, standalone} is a good alternative to hot oil or hair treatments. My hair sprung back to life!
  • Locations are real good. I've seen the Buendia branch plus this Morato branch is not hard to find, too.
  • Yay for wi fi, coffee, tea and Cosmo magazines! Erm, they play Korean songs though, which doesn't bother me though as I'm on my iPod all the time.
  • I saw {but did not take a photo of} the hair colors they were offering and I saw green, purple and fuchsia. Hmm, there's an idea.
The Bad:
  • The no credit card option, at least that day and that branch this could bother some clients.
  • No photo taking. I was only told of this after I was done. Still, I don't mind :P
Would I come back? Yes. Definitely.

Tony and Jackey Salons are located in the following branches:
  • Festival Mall, Alabang
  • Amoranto
  • Buendia, Makati {West Building}
  • Malate, Manila {Bellagio Square}
  • SM Fairview
  • SM Manila
  • SM San Lazaro
  • Tomas Morato
  • Market Market

What's your go-to salon? Oh and just sharing my article on New Slang, because I'm shameless like that.

Love,

Phoebe Ann November 4, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Ok now I want to have very long hair then have a haircut there! I might end up like a male Kpop star if I go there now! :P

But seriously, it's illegal how ganda you look on your hair now! *bizus*

Askmewhats November 4, 2010 at 9:33 AM

aww you look super young Tara! Ang cute mo with bangs! I love Tony & Jackey too! they never fail with the nice haircut they give me!

Pammy November 4, 2010 at 12:01 PM

You look great with the new 'do! You look Korean too, that's probably why someone started talking to you in Korean. :P

MacVB November 4, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Oh my! I love your hair, babe! :) The best one I've seen so far :)

sab November 4, 2010 at 1:33 PM

i loove it hun! is your hair naturally wavy? i want hair like that! mine is so blah. :(

Dea November 4, 2010 at 1:35 PM

You look so fresh with your new hair!

I've been contemplating getting new haircut, I've had the same boring long hair for years, this post is just the push I needed. Would you believe I've never had a haircut that cost me more than P100 (with tip na yun)?

This will be one of my holiday splurges. :) Now is a perfect time so my hair can still grow out for my wedding next year.

~Dea

makeup,hauls, and anything under the sun! November 4, 2010 at 10:27 PM

had my haircut there and the ambiance is great! Iris was the one who did my hair and I love it!

...crickette... November 4, 2010 at 10:37 PM

i love your hair and i love tony and jackey too! i go to that same branch! you should have dropped by sa clinic... tipong 5 minutes lang u're at my clinic na!

hazeldlcruz November 18, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Cool! Imma have that treatment on my locks as well! P1k isn't bad with the haircut, sana they also have the promo in Alabang. Although, ang galing your curls were kinda flat na but after the treatment, looked as though it was permed again. Ganda ng bangs. Inggit ako. ;p

P.S. My Korean stylist is a hot chick (LOL! I sound so tomboyish). She's really nice although she can't speak much of english or tagalog, only pogi and maganda. Haha. And yes, I hate Bench Fix stylists because some smell acrid. Bleh. I'm sorry. >_<

jeje February 4, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Suki ako sa buendia. hehehe. they don't refrain you from taking a picture. I guess sanay na sila. Yun nga lang you have to decipher their english, well at least, with my stylist.

Anonymous,  February 25, 2012 at 2:41 PM

hey great hair! i was wondering, how long did the keratin treatment last for you? :D

Tara Cabullo February 26, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Hi Anon! :) If I'm not mistaken, it was less than an hour lang :)

wenwe,  March 31, 2012 at 11:54 AM

HAHA i like the part when someone spoke korean to you!swell!

Jis,  December 29, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Hi! I have a question, so you went for the keratin treatment and haircut promo that costs 1000? :DD nagtagal ba ung keratin treatment? I mean nagstay ung shine ng buhok kahit pinaliguan na? Hehehe thanks!

Teeyah. December 29, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Hi Jis! It lasted about a week and then after that, I had to follow up with some serious conditioning :)

Jis,  December 29, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Ahhhh so the shine would only last for a week? Can u help me with my hair condition? Kasi i think i dyed my hair 4 times this year and yes, my hair is really damaged. I already used different shampoos and conditioners, keratin treatments that can be bought in Watsons and nothing happened. And then i have no idea about the keratin treatment service that tony and jackey gives. So if I go for that promo package, will the condition of my hair improve? Even after a month or two?:D heheh sorry for asking too much. Heheheh

Teeyah. December 29, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Hi Jis! I would recommend the Fusio Dose by Kerastase, which I had recently. That really revived my hair kasi MLV dried it out super. I will be writing about it this afternoon, hope you can stay tuned :)

Good luck with your hair! And no worries!

Jis,  December 29, 2012 at 12:36 PM