I Made My First Group-Buying Site Purchase!

>> Thursday, March 3, 2011

Yesterday, I was once again jolted from my bed {has not happened for the last years, maybe decade}. As I was checking my email, something I do once I open my eyes, I saw a deal that finally calls me: Php 300 for a session of Candela Laser at Shinagawa Lasik and Aesthetics!

Much like many internet-savvy Filipinos, I have been hooked to this group-buying site phenomenon. Every day, I get emails from Ensogo, Cash Cash Pinoy, Metro Deal, Deal Grocer and Buyanihan but nothing ever really catches my attention because most of the deals are Boracay hotels, food, burgers, spas and things that I didn't really fancy at the moment.

When I saw laser and Shinagawa {this is located at my building}from Metrodeal's email, I snapped into attention and forwarded it to my friends T and C so we could all go together. By afternoon, I took a break from writing and Microsoft Powerpoint to purchase my very first group-buying site deal:

Some considerations when buying from these sites, though: Always read the fine print:

The fine print

* Voucher validity: March 12, 2011 until Sept. 12, 2011
    * Call for reservations: (02) 491 0000
    * Price is Net (includes VAT)
    * Voucher is transferable and can be given as gifts to family and friends
    * 1 voucher per person

... which is not bad, actually. True, one session will not make much of a difference but at least I get to try this service for a fraction of the normal price which is Php 3,000. If it's that good, I just have to make a repeat, yes?

And what I love the most about these sites? The easy payment system! I love that virtually every option is doable!

Now, I can't wait to try candela laser courtesy of Metro Deal!

Have you tried any group-buying site yet? What deal did you get?

Askmewhats March 3, 2011 at 9:06 AM

I bought at mEtrodeal din pero siyempre food! hahahah I wish they have Paypal options though :)

jeje March 3, 2011 at 12:02 PM

bought 3 vouchers before at cashcashpinoy -- 80% off massage.. P250 =)

Maria March 3, 2011 at 12:36 PM

I also love group buying sites! I get to dine in restaurants and have massages at almost half the price. :)

EveryDay Makeup blog March 3, 2011 at 11:38 PM

This is really awesome. It makes it so affordable for everyone

Dea March 4, 2011 at 1:10 AM

Hay naku, these group-buying sites! Ubos ang Paypal balance ko! But I love them, I buy mostly the restaurant deals.

~Dea

Frances March 4, 2011 at 9:25 AM

I bought 2 deals for baby costumes :) can't wait to use them for Vito's birthday and Halloween!

iamsutil March 4, 2011 at 5:41 PM

hay naaddict na din ako sa ganyan, i've been buying vouchers for food, spa and facials/laser procedures like crazy over the past few weeks. before i go to bed, i try to keep myself from checking those sites but apparently, mababa lagi ang EQ ko sa ganyan nyahahaha

Jam,  June 18, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Do you have any reviews on the candela treatment itself? Thanks!