Low EQ, we meet again.

>> Friday, March 4, 2011

And I thought I've been doing well.

Friends and I talk about this common phenomenon, err, sickness, that occurs every now and then when we have one particular thing in mind to buy at a store and end up getting more than what we intended to.

Last week, it was the case of my 'nesting' phase, wherein I was only supposed to buy my prescribed antibiotics. When I walked into the mall from the parking, I was lured into the linen section and before I knew it, I was hauling 400-thread count bedsheets, two new pillows and three Victorian-inspired curtains.

I was like, "Where did that come from?"

I wasn't regretting my decision. After all, the curtains make me smile every time I see them and the bedsheets and pillows, God bless them, have helped me sleep like a baby {as if I can sleep tighter than I already do.} So I forgave myself for the uber spontaneous purchase.

And then it happened again, on a smaller scale, however:

The Body Shop's White Musk line plus Vitamin E Toner and Moisturizer

I only wanted a second bottle of my White Musk chiffon mist and I ended up getting the entire line {Blame the pretty bag that came with it, HA!}. Oh and in true Becky Bloomwood fashion, I ended up signing up for the membership thing which earned me the Vitamin E freebies. Sweet, right?

As if that was not enough, The Body Shop Greenbelt was right across Powerbooks and you guessed right:

Paper Cuts by Pam Pastor
French Women for All Seasons by Mireille Guiliano
Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

Damn, bouts of sadness in the afternoon!

I wonder what my mother have to say. :D
What about you, do you succumb to low EQ, too?

Dangski March 4, 2011 at 9:08 AM

If this is how having low EQ would end like, then I'm okay with it! Hihi. I had a blast last night, BFF! And see you again tom. Muah! =)

Frances March 4, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Apt that you bought Mini Shopaholic then! Okay Lang yan, Tee :) I bought jewelry last month and I still haven't told Vince about it!

kristel March 4, 2011 at 11:32 AM

I'm always battling about this as well. I say focusing on a certain goal (like purchasing a house, a car, or even a trip) and constantly reminding yourself of it will significantly increase self control. It's not in any way easy though... hehehe...and yes, I want to buy that Mini Shopaholic book as well. :D

Love the post Tara! :)

Askmewhats March 4, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Kiray! (sinigaw in public lol) you are soooo cute! I want to read Paper Cuts too! Let me know ha? After you read it!

Teeyah. March 4, 2011 at 6:52 PM

@Dang: Kawawa naman ang credit card ko! =P See you tomorrow! =) Mwah!

@Frances: Haha, nice! =) Was it on impulse, too? :) I bet it's gorgeous!

@Kristel: Aww, thanks dear! And ang hirap labanan ng mababang EQ ano? =)

@Nikki: I will, CLARA! =) Nice seeing you last night, Clara!

...crickette... March 4, 2011 at 11:50 PM

That was exactly what happened to me, and now I am a Bodyshop member too! Hahahahaha! Anyway, I've been wanting to read Mini Shopaholic since it came out... let me know if it's good!

gingerbee March 6, 2011 at 10:49 AM

This happens to me every time I enter national bookstore, office warehouse, or fully booked.

Just the other day, I was just supposed to buy one stinking folder. And I came out with two new books in hand too.

Sometimes stamps, new pens...you get the picture.

Eek.

mav March 6, 2011 at 3:12 PM

The mini shopaholic was hilarious! Pinilit ko pa si bf basahin and he too enjoyed it! :D

Krysty March 8, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Oh no, I'm exactly like that! I have no impulse control :( Dapat isang lipgloss lang bibilhin ko, naging tatlo!