2012, I Like You Already

>> Wednesday, January 4, 2012

On the first of January, I prayed. I prayed that prayer from a book my mom gave me, called The Prayer of Jabez. On a rainy day sometime last 2011, I was cooped up at home reading it since the power was out. It is such a powerful prayer, I am literally empowered every time I start my day with it. I tend to get scared, too --- don't get me wrong, but that's the reason for the 'hold my hand' part. Yesterday, I gave two friends a copy each, hoping that praying it will bless them everyday, too. Today, I'm sharing you the lines that have been helping me soldier through days that seem crazy or boring or empty. Most of all the empty days.

Oh that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, and that Your hand might be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me!

And true enough, my first workweek is proving to be an exercise in enlarging territories, a lot of handholding but ultimately, a proof that faith will really get one through and emerge with a huge smile :D

Here's a snap of my to do list for the week {which keeps adding on by the minute} but no one is complaining! =)

PS: I mistakenly ordered a BDJ planner via Cash Cash Pinoy and its taking too long {delivery starts January 11}. I hope they declared that in the fine print, ugh. But oh well.

How has your 2012 been so far?
xx

Anna January 4, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Hmmm, back up 2011 files - good tip!

Askmewhats January 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM

ay no!!! I hate it when I start the year and the planner hasn't arrive yet, that happened to me when I ordered my 2010 planner from Korea! Hugsy!!!!

sab January 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM

love the notepad! and your handwriting! i miss you!!!

Dang Villanueva January 4, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Been saying that prayer every day of my life for 8 years now. :) Glad to know that 2012 is starting out really good for you! Muah!

PS: Kainis naman the planner. :(

Sofia Gatchalian January 4, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I can't say the same for myself. Worst dinner of my life!! Hope to post that on my blog soon.

Check out my new blog:

sab January 5, 2012 at 1:34 AM

ps. haay babe CCP has problems talaga with delivery. i've friends with awful experiences too. :(