>> Sunday, February 5, 2012
To be honest, the subtitle of this post is an inspiration from a fellow blogger's post on Saturdays, who in turn was inspired from someone's post on Sundays.
It's a Sunday, and I love how I woke up only to feel sleepy again. I went back to bed --- something I don't get the luxury of doing most days. Foregoing snoozing the alarm has been a thing of the past and every weekend, I vow to give in to this.
"Toss the numbers game, young vs. old! It’s about vitality & life force. You can be 25 & have zero energy & passion, or 45 & possess & put forth a dynamic, vital spirit, & engage in activities that follow suit. Don’t be a prisoner to your mind — that’s where fear & doubt live. Don’t wait for this or that to happen to live your life. Do it now… Make a plan then get off your ass & live!”
- Champagne and French Fries at midnight go together like the stars and the moon.
- “Create a platform for other people to succeed.” – BurdaStyle
- Business cards are as important as your blog if you care about how you look.
- When you fall out of love with something, so do your readers.
- Walls by Gallery Direct is a game changer.
- Gabby Blair reminds me of Grace Kelly mixed with Kathryn Graham.
- Most people read blogs 8am-10am, noon, 3pm.
- Megan Reardon from Not Martha is made of magic.
- “Blogging’s not about making money even though it is.” — Meg Keene
- Heather Armstrong is not a lesbian but I fell for her.
- Taking an advertiser that’s not a good match dilutes your brand. It’s not worth it!
- Wilson Art is made of sugar and spice and all things nice.
- People who snatch gift bags and run do not make their parents proud.
- ”If I cram my life with things I love, then there is no room for things I don’t love.” — Gretchen Rubin
- Victoria Smith rocks the world; very quietly, very effectively.
- When reaching out for collaborations, make it easy to say yes.
- Your blog is not a game show! Be choosy with your giveaways!
- From blog to book: a book is the most expensive business card ever.
- Mara Koefed’s essence should be bottled and sprinkled liberally.
- The Grand America feels like home.
- Laura Mayes is the yin and the yang.
- Evernote, people, Evernote. Make it yours today and you’ll own tomorrow.
- Flood Street is the hot new FB app you need to know about to grow your FB world.
- Susan Petersen from Freshly Picked can do it all.
- Pilar Gruzman and Deborah Needleman hold talents we but dream about.
- Photobooths are the new party balloon.
- Path is the new
- Melanie Biehle from Inward Facing Girl is made of sunshine and light.
- Pinterest’s Ben Silbermann is Steve Jobs-ish without the mean bits.
- Laurie Smithwick understands design like I understand it’s important to breathe.
- “If it looks good but doesn’t feel good, that will start to show.” — Maggie Mason
- Erin Loechner is the one to watch.
- “Stop talking about it and go do it.” — Liz Stanley
- “I want to be known for the things that I make, not for the things that I say.” — Ben Silbermann
- Stay classy.
- “Technology is a good servant but a bad master.” — Gretchen Rubin.
- When Jordan Ferney decided to devote herself to good, original content, her traffic grew 42% in one month.
- “There is enough out there for all of us. Do your best and do it with integrity and your work will shine.” – Joslyn Taylor