A little history: I have always been in love with L'oreal's True Match Foundation. In love for years, really. I've been a loyal user since it came out in the market. Have used it a whole lot and I never had problems with it. Until then that I had to attend several weddings and I had to use a more heavy-duty foundation, so I switched to MAC.
Now you see, MAC is MAC. I had no major problems with it --- except that it was slightly more expensive than L'oreal [by a good Php 600] and that while it provided awesome coverage, it made me so oily that I was using 20 blotting sheets a day. But still, I stuck with it. Five months later, during one lazy afternoon, I chanced upon my Ellana Mineral samples and kept it on the makeup table for use the next time I was going to apply makeup. And I am so glad I did! Not only were my eyes opened to a whole new level of respect for MMU --- I actually got to know my newest HG Foundation:
Our Mineral Foundation offers superior coverage, effectively covering and reducing dark spots, acne, fine lines,wrinkles, and other imperfections making your skin instantly flawless with an illuminating glow.
It contains Allantoin for cell regeneration and moisturizing properties.
It glides on your skin like silk, never gritty or sticky.
It’s easy to blend, providing a velvety finish.
Our exclusive foundation blends is formulated with Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide to provide natural sun protection and the long-lasting coverage you need throughout the day.
It sets up as a base for your eye shadow and blush colors to help them glide on more evenly.
Our superb silky foundation comes in three variants.
Premium Blend provides a matte finish for a clean flawless look
Pure Blend 2-1 Foundation & Concealer this blend gives an illuminating finish with the complete coverage of an all over concealer. With minimal ingredients used, this blend is for those who have extra sensitive and dry skin
Intensive Coverage with Real Pearl Powder designed for those with Oily and Problem skin, who needs more coverage and longer-lasting power
What I liked about it:
- The coverage. I can only rave about the coverage because it's superb! I already feel bad saying I never expected MMU to have this awesome coverage but yeah. It's ah-ma-zing. Thing is, though I've tried a few MMU brands prior to this [and no, I won't name which ones], I always ended up disappointed. Thus the low expectations. But I was surprised that it surpassed how MAC Studio Fix can cover my face --- which is a big, big plus. I can continue for two days about Ellana's coverage but I think you get my point now :) Oh and coverage is buildable, too!
- The matte finish. Coming from MAC's matte yet oil-inducing finish, it comes as a surprise that I don't glow early or instantaneously after applying this.
- No retouch for me all day. Another pleasant surprise was that even after a whole day of sweating [like a pig!] my foundation stayed put and still looked the same. I'm kinda iffy about retouching because I don't like to retouch if I didn't wash my face. This is a very big plus for me and a huge factor in switching because it means more value for money, too! I was surprised to see that my skin looked the same as it was in the morning.
- No parabens. This is a known fact --- MMU is healthier for the skin and that alone is a pro. This foundation is part of the three new products I'm using right now -- and maybe a big contributor to my skin's newfound healthy glow.
- Affordable. 6g of this foundation will definitely last me a long time. Why do I know? Because a sample baggie lasted me a whole 1 1/2 weeks! What more for a 6g jar that is sells only for Php 380?
- Easy Shade Finder. The Ellana website is dummyproof! :D I was browsing through the website and trying to guess what shade I was and saw the very helpful Shade Finder:
--- which led me to find that the shade fit for me is French Vanilla Latte [yes, just like Nikki!]
- Proudly Filipina. Ellana Mineral Cosmetics is owned by fab Pinay Coney Avellana. Isn't that cool, or what?
- Accessible. Ellana is available online [with bajilliion of payment methods so no fuss at all], extremely quick response and shipping, even for other countries!
- It's messy, compared to traditional foundation [as we all know] and until now I don't bring it inside my bag for fear of leaving the jar open but it's worth it.
- But aside from this, none!
Ellana - Foundation
Aveeno Sunblock SPF 40 [thus the white cast on the photo with flash, boo]
Artdeco Camouflage Cream 02
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen
The Face Shop Freshian Volumizing Mascara
MAC Lipstick in Giddy