Springtime Wedding Look
Hello, hello, dear readers! :) Today, I'd like to share with you my DIY look for my friend C's wedding in Westlake Inn in Los Angeles, CA. I'm proud of my skills this time because it was an out of the country wedding, which means I can't rely on my usual makeup artists!
To be honest, doing makeup in a more comfortable weather like LA's was much fun than for example doing makeup here in Manila at a time like today's: too hot! I hadn't needed to add so much primer nor I did not have to retouch at all except my lipstick after eating. Here's a rundown of what I used for this look:
- Make Up For Ever Step 1 (Anti Blemish, Blue). This is especially important when applying makeup and in Manila or places with similar weather. Primers are responsible for holding your makeup in place so for weddings and special occasions, make sure you apply one. This is one of my favorites!
- Naturactor Cover Face in 140. I wanted a clean flawless base and this, with its matte finish, is just what I needed.
- Benefit Brow Zings in Medium + Benefit Browbone Highlighter in Champagne
- Make Up For Ever Contour Palette #30. I was thrilled to have been invited to its launch here in MNL and its arrival to my life was just in time for all those contouring trends at the moment. It helps too, since I'm currently gaining weight (ACK!) and need to contour even more. The palette comes with 4 colors and each has its own function: Highlight, Contour, Shimmer and Blush. I'm a newbie when it comes to contouring but I basically draw a line on the hollow of my cheeks and blend really well :P That's all.
- Happy Skin Highlighter Cheek Stick in Champagne. That's how I achieve my daily glowing look, I strobe on some Happy Skin on places my cheeks touch the light. I love this stick to bits I carry one with me everyday!
- K Palette Brown Eyeliner (my daily eyeliner).
- Bobbi Brown Brightening Brick.
- MAC Mineralized Foundation
- MAC Pink Nouveau (aka my ultimate wedding guest lipstick)
Here's some more photos from the beautiful wedding:
Happy Monday! xx