Review: Revlon Liquid Eye Pen
It's 9 PM here in my side of the world and as I type this, my head is still brimming with finance-ish acronyms like IRR, CBA, VNB and NVP. Their meanings are all meshed in my head, with all the stuff I learned from my Project Management training.
Anyhoo, here's a little long overdue review, featuring the Revlon Liquid Eye Pen in Black/Noir.
- No-mess liquid eyeliner creates a precise line from soft to dramatic
- Felt tip controlled application
- Smudge-proof lasting color that wears up to 16 hours
- Easier to apply than traditional liquid eyeliners
I received this liquid eye pen from my mom when she sent me goodies when my brother came to the US for his bi-annual vacation. Here is my humble review about this liquid eye pen.
Since I am an avid liquid eyeliner user, I did not hesitate to try this immediately. My liquid eyeliner experience is quite limited though, with these brands: Clinique, In2it, and Prestige.
For your reference, here is a mini and lonesome swatch I did:
As you can see, one can actually see through the product once swatched on the skin. For this example, I did line it up twice but the black pigment won't really display lots of opaqueness.
What I liked:
- Pens are always easier to use. I find it a lot nicer to use this, versus the ones that come with wands, which btw, poke my eyes most of the time.
- No sting, as again opposed to other liquid eyeliners.
- The lack of pigmentation can be counted as a pro, since I tend to make mistakes and it's kinda easy to correct or to erase.
- Not exactly 16 hours on my eyelids but when it did finally smudge, I did not look like a racoon and it was kind of "gracefully smudging." Is there even a term like that??
- Friendly price at $8.00 [approximately Php 400.00], available at Walmart, Target and CVS.
What I didn't like:
- I cannot use this pen if I want a super black line on my lids and don't have the luxury of time to apply lots of layers.
- Pens can dry faster than traditional liquid eyeliners, boo.
- Not locally available, though I'm sure there are eBay resellers but be careful, of course.
Would I buy this again? Sure, if I had the chance. But my mom would do it anyway, for me, so all is good :)