I don't normally obsess over brushes because I get really kuripot with them and the sky-high prices of brush sets that have caught my eye usually turn me off. When I fortunately chanced upon Venus and Mars' Prebuy Sale of these Antibacterial brushes, selling at P1,099 per set, I knew I had to buy. Oh and Jamie [owner of V & M, included freebies, too!]
From the V & M website:
These brushes are active AGAINST bacteria, hence it prevents them from lingering in the bristles. These bacteria are the main cause of the formation of blackheads, whiteheads, pimples and other irritating skin blemishes.
The set includes:
- Body/Face Buki Blush Brush
- Foundation Buki Brush
- Angled Shader and Crease Buki Brush
- Eyeshadow Buki Brush
- Concealer Buki Brush
Venus and Mars Brush Soak and Pure Glow Mineral Makeup
Source: V & M
- Minimal bleeding when washed
- Minimal shedding, about 3 to 4 hairs fell off but it's cool
- Brush is made up of vegan taklon hair, the most expensive synthetic hair which makes it pack color like animal hair.
- Size is perfect for my hand. Not too big and not too small.
- The white bristles when used can be quite distracting with its color. With that, even if it doesn't need to be washed, I will probably have to wash it!
- The brushes are crazy soft but with enough firmness to blend against the face. C'est parfait!
- The ruby red handles passes my taste. Thank goodness it doesn't look tacky, it's quite elegant actually.
- Reasonably priced. This product gets me the bang for my buck which is a big thing for me. IMO, I don't mind shelling money for things I foresee myself using a lot of times and this is one of them.
- The pouch is so-so, something I don't mind but I probably won't be using this as I also have a brush roll from Elianto bought for this.