I haven't been blogging as much as I'd love to this week because we've been very busy at work :x Thankfully, the project's done now. Oh and I've
Anyhoo, before I doze off, I'd like to share with you a review of Venus and Mars' Bare it All Cream in Lavender, as I seriously recommend this especially if you have dry skin or skin problems.
Venus and Mars says:
Bare It All Emu Body Cream is specially formulated to smoothen and whiten the roughest and darkest skin areas. Shea butter, jojoba oil and mango butter are known to be the best moisturizing elements from nature. Just imagine how good these can be when mixed with EMU OIL, the ONLY natural oil that is closest to the human oil components. It also penetrates 5x faster than any other natural oil! This could be the holy grail of body creams! This product also has papain, a powerful whitening extract. The peppermint content is sure to give you a relaxed mood that’s enough to ditch all day’s (or even the brewing!) stress.I bought my 100g tub when I visited BFF's bazaar at AAV and what can I say? I'm loving it like mad!
Ingredients: Emu Oil, Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Mango, Papain, Peppermint
BARE IT ALL CREAM is now available in:
1. Mentholated Mango Mandarin Dash (for the adventurous minty lovers)
2. Pure Mango Mandarin Dash (for those who love it simple)
What I love about it:
- The scent! Before I figured out that it really works, I noticed the scent and it was soooo nice smelling! I haven't smelled the mango one but the lavender smells like lavender and citrus, I feel relaxed and energized all at once. I thought that even if the product won't work, I'd still be buying this even just for the smell.
- It works! The thing with my skin is that even if my facial skin can be annoyingly oily, my body skin is annoyingly dry. I've been using this product for almost a month now and I can see the rough areas I had [you know the ones, elbows, ankles] are thankfully softer now. I didn't exactly see that they're whiter and truth be told, I couldn't care less if it was because I'm all for the moisturizing properties of the cream.
- Locally available --- but of course it's a local product. Supporting the country's entrepreneurs while getting softer skin is a good thing to do.
- Organic. Really, who doesn't like organic stuff?
- Reasonably-priced. The 100g tub is priced at Php 225 and I'm now approaching my second month of usage and I'm only halfway into it.
- Minty. The cool feeling on the skin that the cream leaves is a plus.
What I did not like about it:
- The downside of organic products is that since there are no chemicals and preservatives, it may have to be consumed faster as they may spoil faster. Have read a lot of comments that some organic lip balms smells rancid after 6 months of usage. I don't think I'll have a problem with BIA though, as I'm sure I'll be done with it by next month.
- The tub. It can be quite a turn off dipping my fingers into it every now and then.
- Nothing else, really.
- Smooth the cream onto the rough areas of your body such as elbows, ankles, knees etc day and night.For your feet, you can use this instead of petroleum jelly and wear socks to keep the moisture.
- Not to be used on the face.
- According to the gorgeous Tish of Practical Vanity, Venus and Mars' Bare it All Cream can also be used on underarms --- makes them even smoother! I've read in GT too, that some girls used it in their UAs and found that it can make chicken skin disappear. Ain't that lovely?
That's it! I hope this review is helpful to you, especially if you're in search of a body cream that actually works.
Venus and Mars Botanicals
House of Organics
You know what cheered me up on Thursday when I was pulling an all-nighter at the office? Receiving the prizes from Shen's birthday giveaway. I can't believe that it's a LOT! Thanks again, Shen!
Oh and here's a shoutout to one of my most favorite bloggers, Frances. Happy birthday, and may you have blessings continue coming to you.
That's it! Hope you're having a happy weekend!