An Alpha Female is a dominant female in a group. She dates as many males as she wants, is strong and confident, and a hard worker as well as often busy. She is usually sarcastic because she's powerful and playful. Alpha Females are intelligent, intellectual problem solvers; and though being an alpha female is more of a state of mind than a physicality, an alpha understands that dressing up or sexy increases her power in society, so she does it. Alpha Females are often terribly misunderstood by Beta and lesser males, as evident by the other posts about Alpha Females, and when this happens, she's called a bitch, a cunt, or a whore ... Alpha Females prefer passion over romance, although if it's romance coming from an Alpha Male, a hootttttt one, that's another story. - Urban Dictionary
It may be the effect of contemporary, pop TV, the classic bitch heroine that I've come around to dressing up the way I do. I don't really shy away from it, in fact, I've come to embracing what I want to evoke and what looks good on me.
Of course, I have my ultimate alpha female character:
I swear I will look this good when I'm 40.
Bondage Skirt: Forever 21
- Dates as many males as she wants: un-check. I am only dating a very, very select few. To me, Manila's dating pool have become incredibly boring. Okay maybe I hadn't gone to where there's a guy's company I'd actually enjoy but I've been to a couple of dates recently and I only have one word: Boring.
- Strong and confident.: You tell me.
- Sarcastic.: In a recent event where I hosted, my colleague told me, " You sure can be pleasant when you want to, huh?" I looked at him incredulously and he retorted: "You're always sarcastic. Your brand of niceness is always of the sarcastic one so I'm surprised you looked genuinely pleasant today." *facepalm*
- Intelligent and intellectual: I sure hope so :)
- A hard worker as well as often busy. Check. Ten years ago, I never would have thought I'd be so busy I sometimes cannot bother so much as to check text messages or personal emails and what have you. To me, I could never be busy for anything, for rest, for someone. But I was. Maybe that'll change, who knows?
- Dressing up or sexy increases her power in society: Check. The only mantra I'm listening to every single day is "Dress up for the part you want, not be limited on what you are." Sure works every time.
- Often terribly misunderstood by Beta and lesser males. I've been called dominant and demanding and slave-driver, to some extent, by guys nonetheless. So maybe yes, that's a check.
- Alpha Females prefer passion over romance. This is the truest statement of all. Though I don't normally prefer alpha males per se. I actually like the hybrid of the alpha + beta male, which Urban Dictionary has yet to come up with a term for. =P
*All images of Kim Raver belong to respective owners. No copyright infringement intended.