.. All I ever needed to do is count my blessings and thank Him up there.
"For what it’s worth, it’s never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit. Start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that stop you. I hope you feel things that you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life that you’re proud of and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.
Along the way you bump into people who make a dent on your life. Some people get struck by lightning. Some are born to sit by a river. Some have an ear for music. Some are artists. Some swim the English Channel. Some know buttons. Some know Shakespeare. Some are mothers. And some people can dance"
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Despite neurotic schedules and budget attempts that seem to always fail, I am thankful for these people/things that keep me going -- sane, if I must say.
So if ever I might never tell you of my gratitude, I hope this piece does.
1. For my mom, who never fails to remind me that there will always be people who will be better than me, luckier than me, or some that may never be as lucky as I am. But that doesn't give me the right to step down on anyone's toes.
2. For my
stepdad, who treats me as his most precious daughter, always there to listen to me, give advice, life and even money-matters. Ha!
3. To my friends, the BFF, who are there to simultaneously book Cebu Pacific seat sale trips, to listen to my non-sense woes, have ice cream with, have mani-pedis with, it is such an honor to be your sister-from-another-mother.
4. To Yaya Puppy, who prepares my lunch most of the time and drives me to the shuttle station when I'm too tamad to drive, he who gives in to all my whims, even if I spend my time playing Diner Dash 3 when we're together, thanks :)
5. To the office barkada, who makes long working hours fly like a breeze everyday. Thank you for sharing all your wisdom to me. Me, who despite warnings, missed her flight to Cebu. To all the never ending laughs over coffee, hopia, chicken longganisa, and SMB Light, cheers.
And even if I faint in jealousy from all the lucky people I hear about, I will not exchange lives with anyone. La Desiderata. Whatever that means. :)