[after all the skincare routine, of course]
So I haven't had the time, or the luxury of buying some stuff I've been wanting lately. I couldn't pass by Glorietta or Greenbelt 5 as they're already closed when I get off work, which is around 9:30 PM, usually.
Mhean's garage sale was the perfect solution -- and she had a lot of nice items, too! I bought the Manly 120-piece eyeshadow palette and her Guerlain smokey eyeshadow palette. She was nice to include really nice freebies like St. Ives' Collagen Elastin Moisturizer and Islas' Lavender Massage Oil :)
Manly 120-piece Eyeshadow Pallette
*bought from Mhean of MoiheartsMakeup
(Most of the eyeshadows were intact, in fact only one color was
sort of powdery--the BLUE one. Which one? I don't know.)
These past few days though, I've been very inspired with putting eye makeup on, and after receiving Mhean's stuff last Tuesday, I decided to do some roadtesting and EOTD-ing.
For some reason, my left eyelid [right in photo] seems brighter than
the other. But I assure you, they're of the same intensity in person :)
VOV Cover Foundation in #1, Pink Beige
L'Oreal True Match 2-Way Foundation in Sun Beige
Monistat Anti-Chafing Powder Gel as primer
Gold e/s from the 2nd row (Left) of the Manly palette
[yes, I forgot to put a check in Photoshop]
Salmon e/s from 1st row (right) of same palette
A darker salmon as outer-v color from 1st row, too
(Geesh, I hope that wasn't confusing, LOL)
Some white e/s for highlightingPrestige Waterproof Liquid EyelinerThe Face Shop Freshian Volumizing Mascara
The Face Shop Automatic Brow Pencil
Maybelline Brow Styling Gel
Nars Blush in Oasis
Sally Hansen Soothing Balm
Paul and Joe Lipstick in #19
(it's so gorgeous and creamy!)
My take on the Manly 120-pc. eyeshadow palette:
- Incredibly pigmented. I had to shake my brush to lessen the eyeshadow on my brush.
- A little goes a long way -- at least the ones I have tried already.
- Stayed on my eyelids all day. I take into consideration though, the Monistat primer and that my eyelids are NOT that oily. :)
- Blendable. For some reason, I find some e/s that are so NOT blendable. Thankfully, Manly was blendable.
- Can I just say that the range of colors is so diverse I may have to wear neon green e/s to work? LOL. The finish types are diversified, too. Some are matte, shimmery and velvety.
- I think you can get the bang for the buck for this palette -- definitely advisable for someone who loves to practice makeup application.
What I don't like:
- I know that it is not locally available. But there are alternatives -- Dollface Cosmetics [have yet to try] and a lot of girls own Coastal Scents' palettes so .. :)
- Really, MANLY???
That's it for now :) I do have some stuff lined up so I can at least redeem myself from being a bad blogger. Heehee. :x