When I Googled cream eyeshadows, Answerbag came up with this:
Cream eyeshadows are the newest kids on the block. Avoid formulations that crease upon application. These cream eyeshadows can be coordinated with your powder shadows. A cream eyeshadow can be used as an under base with a matching powder shadow as a sealant. The best applicators for any cream eye shadow are your fingertips.
My mother sent me another Physician's Formula eyeshadow, among many other stuff she packed for me when my brother came home from the US. This time, it's a Mosaic palette in Nutmeg. I already have a PF palette from last year, albeit matte and no shimmers at all. I use them solely as base due to the very neutral colors.
New Mosaic Cream Eye Shadow Advanced liquid powder technology for long-lasting, high impact color! Ultra-lightweight, ultra-silky, ultra-smooth, non-creasing formula. Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. Hypoallergenic, Fragrance free, Dermatologist approved. Advanced liquid powder technology offers the ultimate, silky-smooth, cream-to-powder eye shadow formula. Smooth onto eyes as a cream and it instantly transforms to a super-soft powder feel for lightweight comfort all day long. No need to compromise any longer, you can have great color, comfort and wear! Five complementary shades are combined to color, define and accent the eyes for a sexy, sophisticated look. Ultra-silky, waterproof formula glides on easily and lasts all day or night. This easy-to-use eye shadow formula can be used on all skin types. For information in the USA 1-800-227-0333I had no idea how to blend them but I didn't know how to use my fingers either so whatever goes, here's my FOTD and a few comments upon usage:
- Since the colors tend to mix together due to the consistency and all that and coming from the same family, they'd tend to get lost in each other. To create more depth, I added more of the darkest color.
- I love the subtle shimmer it creates. With normal powder eyeshadows, the shimmers can be kinda obvious --- something I hate. With this palette, the shimmers are very subtle and my eyes don't look like a flash of blinding light in photos.
- The palette's neutralness is a breath of fresh air --- I like how it's subtle but not overly beige or overly brown if you know what I mean.
- Perfect for my I'm-a-nice-office-girl days. Do you have one of those?
- Very inexpensive at $7.95. Not available locally though.
- Transparent casing makes it easy to see depth of each pot.
- I wore this eye makeup for more than 12 hours and it only creased by the 10th hour. Not bad.
- Incredibly natural-looking.
- I don't like the lightest color at all.
Those are my thoughts right now and I'll be glad to make a full blown review in the future, when I've used and abused the palette. Hope that helps if you've got a PF palette!