Tara Reviews: Jordana Sweet Cream Matte in Creme Brulee
When I was invited to the Beauty Backstage Event hosted by Bhagis International and the Project Vanity Team, I had zero expectation on what brands I'd possibly be interacting with. When I arrived, I happily got into it, discovered drugstore brands I'd never know since I'm rarely out perusing beauty shelves of late.
Jordana's Sweet Cream Matte Lip in Creme Brulee, PHP 499, is a pretty light peachy pink shade that's just surprisingly right for the Filipina skintone. It didn't come as a surprise that it worked well with me, since when I came to the Jordana booth, it was the last tube of Creme Brulee!
What I Love About It:
- OMG, it smells sweet! Like literal sweet cream! There's a certain joy that comes from using it because of that.
- Made in USA -- surprisingly, I don't see a lot of USA makeup anymore, as most are sourced from China, Taiwan or Japan lately. Nothing bad about that.
- It does dry off to a velvety finish, as promised so since it's matte, I use my In Her Element balm prior to application.
- Amazing coverage - I've been using this every day for the last three weeks and I'm not yet sawa at all.
- Lasts long -- well into even after lunch!
- Locally available at Watsons.
Overall: Maybe it's just me but the name Jordana is a bit of a hurdle to me before trying -- it's a little like 1990s sounding so I'd not have tried this all on my own. I'm glad I went beyond it and tried it and it helps to convince my stubborn head that there's more to makeup than their names.